Terms and Conditions
In order to ensure that we receive and publish appropriate content, we ask that you review and agree to the following terms and conditions.
We will not publish content that contains:
- Inflammatory, obscene, offense, or libelous material.
- Includes links to internet sites, email addresses, etc.
- Commercial promotion of products or services.
- Malicious violations of individuals' privacy.
- Personally identifying information.
By publishing content on Des Plaines Memory you agree to the following:
- Contributor grants permission to the Des Plaines Public Library and the Des Plaines History Center to reproduce and distribute the submitted material for non-commercial use.
- The Des Plaines Public Library reserves the right to edit, delete or reject any submissions.
- Contributor is the lawful copyright or intellectual property rights holder of the material submitted.
- Materials submitted will be attributed to the contributor.
- Materials submitted by contributors found to be in violation of copyright will be deleted.
- Contributors may not charge the Des Plaines Public Library and Des Plaines History Center any fees or royalties for material submitted to or published on the Des Plaines Memory website.
The Des Plaines Public Library will remove any materials upon request of the contributor.
The use of anything you upload to Des Plaines Memory will be covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.5) license. This means that you agree to share your work as long as it is attributed to you, not used for commercial purposes, and future reuses have to use the same license. Review the terms of the Creative Commons license.
I AGREE: Take me back to Share Your Story
I DISAGREE: I’m done for now. Take me back to the home page.